Welcome to DrSanthi.com
My name is Dr. Santhi Periasamy and I am a licensed psychologist located
in Houston, Texas. I am trained as a doctoral-level counseling psychologist,
and my specializations include working with eating issues, relationship
challenges, family issues, PTSD/trauma, and multicultural issues.
In my perspective, therapy is an investment in your personal growth and
a dedication to your overall well-being. Therapy can help us identify
our strengths and personal successes, as well as help us to explore our
areas of growth. I work hard to provide a trusting, warm, open, and supportive
relationship for my clients. I believe that understanding our past and
our current life patterns helps to foster internal growth, so that we
can understand ourselves on a deeper level, create emotional well-being,
and move towards contentment with ourselves and our lives.
My approach has helped some clients:
- Find success in their relationship with self and others
- Cope with the challenges of daily living (i.e. job stressors, relationships, balancing multiple life
- Develop healthy coping strategies
- Enhance fulfillment in one's overall well-being through the management and resolution of issues related
to intimate relationship challenges, depression, family conflicts, trauma, eating and body image
concerns, anxiety, academic and career difficulties, multicultural/diversity concerns, difficult life transitions,
and substance issues.
General Information that may be helpful to you:
- I offer daytime, evening, and Saturday appointments.
- I am centrally located in Midtown-Houston near Louisiana and Elgin.
I am within 5-10 minutes from the
University of Houston, the Medical Center, Montrose, Rice University, and Downtown. I am also
conveniently located off the downtown exit ramp for 59 North.
- My office is a few blocks from the Metro-Rail,
Main street, and is on the Metro
- I have a few sliding scale slots available for students and/or new professionals (employed within the past
three months), and can demonstrate significant financial need.
- I offer a free 10 minute phone consultation to determine if my practice is appropriate for your needs